Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Debt Quote Tuesday

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
-probably every mom ever
Have you ever crawled around on your hands and knees picking fuzz balls out of your carpet because you just don't want to buy more vacuum bags? Well, that was me today.

We have NO money for two days. And we need food, cat litter, diapers (thank goodness for the cloth ones I do have but Hubby and mom in law aren't keen on using them), laundry detergent; the list seems endless but I won't continue. We at least have toilet paper, milk, and food for the fuzzy kids. I plan on a NO SPEND day today (#68) and I'll most likely charge a few food items tomorrow. If I can make it through all of next year without using a charge card one time I will mostly likely feel similar to someone who climbed mount Everest (with warmer finger tips). This year has been really hard on me BUT I am figuring out how to fit a third person into our budget with less income. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself.

Next year will be fabulous!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you grace, energy, calm for these two days. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cats eat so much food. It stinks when you're out of everything and its not yet payday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there I am really enjoying reading your blog! Have you considered using vinegar to wash your clothes rather than get detergent when you are all out? I'm pretty sure bi carb is an option too. If I am going to buy laundry detergent or fabric softener I go to Big W and buy it in a 5 L container for $8 so much better value and lasts a seriously long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate you reading. Thank-you! A laundry detergent. First I'm horrible at buying in bulk. I am planning to re-evaluate a ton of things next year and this area might be one of them. Secondly, my husband is not very on board with spending less and cutting corners. Part of my journey is learning to attack the challenge at hand and also work with my other half. He would NEVER allow me to use vinegar or something that isn't being poured out of a detergent bottle. I actually made up a batch of laundry detergent once (it was quite nice and VERY cheap) and I got a stern talking to about "ruining" our clothes. No, nothing got ruined. He's just silly sometimes. Thank-you for the suggestion though! It's great to try and cut corners anywhere you may be able!

      Delete